We are currently looking for a talented Learning Performance Consultant to join our team in central London. You will be a key member of the Business Development Team and will help to achieve the team and your own personal targets. You will forge excellent relationships with clients and be able to work closely with them in order to understand their business critical issues and how Saffron’s solutions can make a real difference to their organisation. By understanding client needs you will be able to provide input and direction as a frame of reference to the Instructional Design and Graphic Design teams.
You will be responsible for generating new business through interactions with potential clients at conferences, speaking at or attending events and writing articles as well as responding to RFPs and ITTs and new queries from clients. You will also engage with existing customers to maintain relationships and generate new work from them.
The successful candidate will be focused, driven and have a fundamental belief in providing the right solution for the client at a price that reflects the solution and Saffron’s brand. In return you will be part of a vibrant team in an exciting, dynamic environment. You will receive a competitive remuneration package, and receive formal and informal training.
- To achieve and exceed personal sales revenue targets in line with company objectives
- To source, qualify and develop profitable new business opportunities so as to deliver consistent gains in sales
- To ensure that all commercial relationships are managed proactively
- Maintaining accurate sales pipeline data and reports
- Working with the content and platform production team when required
- Completing contracts promptly and in advance of production work commencing
- To work as part of the Sales and Marketing team, contributing to our overall growth and success by sharing ideas and collaborating on major bids
- Source, identify, close new business opportunities relevant to stated business lines
- Network effectively in key vertical markets to build the company’s profile
- Gain new business, and build repeat business relationships within key accounts
- Scan tender journals to identify bidding opportunities, manage bid production & submission
- Develop high quality winning proposals (hands on ‘solution’ writing required)
- Communicate effectively with peers & management
- Communicate effectively with Production to produce specifications, budgets, schedules, project handovers, issues management, and commercial management (e.g. raise & close change request requirements where work exceeds initially agreed scope)
- Contribute to team meetings
- Promote the brand values of the company in all actions, promoting the company internally and externally
- Work with other stakeholders within the Company for common interests and commercial success
- Produce marketing materials and collateral
The skills, competencies and experience
- A minimum of 2 years new business sales experience.
- Strong experience with Learning Management Systems
- Experience in educational or learning and development role
- Exceptional track record of achievement
- A degree education
- Exceptional presentation, negotiation and communication skills
- Proven track record of success selling bespoke e-learning solutions or related offerings
- Currently selling bespoke e-learning to the corporate sector (e.g. Construction, Finance, Pharmaceuticals, and Retail etc.)
- Minimum of 2 years experience selling bespoke e-learning via a consultative sales approach
- Consistent achievement of personal sales targets (minimum of £250K + per annum)
- Effective at dealing with senior decision makers and complex sales cycles
- High level of commercial acumen, able to take a ‘profit based’ approached to sales
- Strong and proven industry networking credentials
- A natural deal-maker, able to deliver consistent new business gains, ranging from smaller monthly gains to long term high revenue business
- Confident, expert in your field, highly motivated, tenacious
- A proven self-starter – must be able to work well under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Ambitious and genuinely wanting to ‘make a name for themselves’ based on proven delivery and goal related success
- Robust but constructive communication skills and style – both for internal relationships and to manage clients effectively.
- Well organised, efficient and very technology literate (strong competency in MSOffice, desk research, awareness of e-Marketing etc.)
- Immaculately presented
- Must be able and willing to get ‘hands on’ in terms of presenting, exhibiting etc.
- Likely to be post-graduate or professional qualification calibre but this is not essential
Applications need to be submitted by 28 December to qualify.
Please email your CV to email@example.com
Location: Central London
Salary: From 25,000 + double OTE, dependent on experience
Date published: 30 November 2015