Join the team
Business development executive
We are currently looking for a results-driven Business development executive to join our team in central London. This pivotal role will focus on supporting the sales team by generating leads and supporting the development of these opportunities from determining requirements in client meetings and from RFPs to writing initial proposals.
You will be a focused and self-motivated individual with a natural ability to build relationships over the phone as well as an ability to write strategically and creatively with an understanding of large corporate business environments. Previous experience meeting targets within a B2B industry is desirable.
You will be part of an exciting, dynamic working environment and receive a competitive salary and compensation package, training, and mentoring. Within this role there are development opportunities to progress further in the sales team.
At Saffron we develop award-winning digital learning experiences. Using insights from behavioural science we ensure our experiential learning solutions deliver transformational change. We work with FTSE 250 companies, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. Our client list includes Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Volkswagen and William Hill.
Why work for us?
Saffron’s solutions and our people are industry leaders and together we’ve won many coveted awards. At Saffron everyone’s ideas are valued. Our innovation is possible because we encourage and expect every team member to use their initiative and contribute ideas. You’ll have the freedom to think creatively and impact Saffron’s offering.
The “Saffron Academy” is widely recognised within the industry as the training ground for great instructional designers and project managers who deliver experiential learning solutions on time and on budget. You’ll be coached to further develop your ability so you can deliver the outstanding results our clients require and what Saffron is known for. Our success is proven; we’ve won Instructional Designer of the Year twice in the four years the award has run for, and been nominated for Rising Star of the Year.
Working at Saffron includes:
- 37.5 hours working week
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25 days annual leave
- Self-development days
- Employer pension contributions
It’s the small things that also matter to us. That’s why we celebrate birthdays, keep the office stocked up with fresh fruit and are known to stop for a drink or two on a Friday. Check out our Facebook page to see our latest team activity.
- Securing new meetings with buyers of learning in FTSE 250 companies
- Ensuring a continual pipeline of meetings for the Sales team by achieving your weekly KPIs
- Dealing with warm leads including web enquiries and inbound calls
- Understanding client requirements and being alert to new business opportunities
- Assisting in the successful articulation of business requirements, and creatively and persuasively writing solutions that meet those requirements
- Arranging business meetings
- Monitoring daily tender opportunities & portal notifications
- Maintaining the company’s CRM system
- 2:1 or above in any degree
- An excellent telephone manner and command of oral and written English
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with a desire for early responsibility
- A passion to learn and develop professionally
- A creative and persuasive verbal and written communicator with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong IT literacy
- Some sales, account management, bid writing or business development experience is preferred
You should have a CV and demonstrable experience (e.g. examples of written work) that show your passion and ability.
Location: Central London
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to