We are currently looking for a results-driven Business development executive to join our team. This pivotal role will focus on generating leads and supporting the development of these opportunities from determining requirements in client meetings and from RFPs to writing initial proposals.
You will be a focused and self-motivated individual with a natural ability to build relationships over the phone as well as an ability to write strategically and creatively with an understanding of large corporate business environments. Previous experience meeting targets within a B2B industry is required.
You will be part of an exciting, dynamic working environment and receive a competitive salary and compensation package, training, and mentoring. Within this role there are development opportunities to progress further in the Sales consulting team.
Saffron is based in central London. Remote working will be considered for this role, though occasional travel to London and elsewhere will be required.
Responsibilities and duties
- Securing new meetings with buyers of learning in FTSE 250 companies based on the responses to marketing campaigns, industry events, website leads etc
- Ensuring a continual pipeline of meetings for the Sales team by achieving your weekly KPIs
- Dealing with warm leads including web enquiries and inbound calls
- Understanding client requirements and being alert to new business opportunities
- Assisting in the successful articulation of business requirements, and creatively and persuasively writing solutions that meet those requirements, presenting them to clients and closing business
- Arranging business meetings
- Monitoring daily tender opportunities & portal notifications
- Maintaining the company’s sales information system
- Writing content for social media, press releases and submissions for industry awards, on occasions
- Creating digital content including blogs, articles and whitepapers, on occasions
Qualifications and skills
- 2:1 or above in any degree
- An excellent telephone manner and command of oral and written English
- Comfortable presenting online and face-to-face
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with a desire for early responsibility
- A passion to learn and develop professionally
- A creative and persuasive verbal and written communicator with an eye for detail and accuracy
- Strong IT literacy Microsoft Office, WordPress, Salesforce
- A minimum of 18 months sales, account management, bid writing or business development experience is required