You will be a key member of the Sales consulting team and will help to achieve the team and your own personal targets. You will forge excellent relationships with clients and be able to work closely with them in order to understand their business-critical issues and how Saffron’s solutions can make a real difference to their organisation. By understanding client needs you will be able to provide input and direction as a frame of reference to the Instructional Design, Graphic Design and Development teams.
You will be responsible for generating new business through interactions with potential clients at conferences, speaking at or attending events and writing articles as well as responding to RFPs and ITTs and new queries from clients. You will also engage with existing customers to maintain relationships and generate new work from them.
The successful candidate will be focused, driven and have a fundamental belief in providing the right solution for the client at a price that reflects the solution and Saffron’s brand. In return you will be part of a vibrant team in an exciting, dynamic environment. You will receive a competitive remuneration package and receive formal and informal training.
At Saffron we develop award-winning digital learning experiences. Using insights from behavioural science we ensure our experiential learning solutions deliver transformational change. Since starting out in 2000, we’ve worked with FTSE 250 companies, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. Our client list includes Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Volkswagen and William Hill.
Why work for us
Saffron’s solutions and our people are widely recognised as industry leaders and together we’ve won several coveted awards. At Saffron everyone’s ideas are valued. Our innovation is possible because we instil and expect every team member to take initiative and think differently. You’ll have the freedom to think creatively and impact Saffron’s offering.
- Achieving and exceeding personal sales revenue targets in line with company objectives
- Sourcing, qualifying and developing profitable new business opportunities so as to deliver consistent gains in sales
- Ensuring that all commercial relationships are managed proactively
- Maintaining accurate sales pipeline data and reports
- Working with the content and platform production team when required
- Completing contracts promptly and in advance of production work commencing
- Working as part of the Sales consulting and Marketing team, contributing to our overall growth and success by sharing ideas and collaborating on major bids
- Sourcing, identifying, and closing new business opportunities relevant to stated business lines
- Networking effectively in key vertical markets to build the company’s profile
- Gaining new business, and building repeat business relationships within key accounts
- Scanning tender journals to identify bidding opportunities, manage bid production & submission
- Developing high quality winning proposals (hands on ‘solution’ writing required)
- Communicating effectively with peers & management
- Communicating effectively with Production to produce specifications, budgets, schedules, project handovers, issues management, and commercial management (e.g. raise & close change request requirements where work exceeds initially agreed scope)
- Contributing to team meetings
- Promoting the brand values of the company in all actions, promoting the company internally and externally
- Working with other stakeholders within the Company for common interests and commercial success
The skills, competencies and experience
- A minimum of 4 years new business sales experience.
- Working experience with Learning Management Systems and/or bespoke content
- Exceptional track record of achievement
- A degree education
- Exceptional presentation, negotiation and communication skills
- Proven track record of success selling bespoke elearning solutions or related offerings
- Currently selling bespoke elearning to the corporate sector (e.g. Construction, Finance, Pharmaceuticals, and Retail etc.)
- Minimum of 4 years experience selling bespoke elearning via a consultative sales approach
- Consistent achievement of personal sales targets (minimum of £500K + per annum)
- Effective at dealing with senior decision makers and complex sales cycles
- High level of commercial acumen, able to take a ‘profit based’ approached to sales
- Strong and proven industry networking credentials
- A natural deal-maker, able to deliver consistent new business gains, ranging from smaller monthly gains to long term high revenue business
- Confident, expert in your field, highly motivated, tenacious
- A proven self-starter – must be able to work well under pressure and to demanding deadlines
- Robust but constructive communication skills and style – both for internal relationships and to manage clients effectively.
- Well organised, efficient and technology literate (strong competency in MS Office, WordPress, Salesforce, desk research, awareness of e-Marketing etc.)
- Immaculately presented
- Must be able and willing to get ‘hands on’ in terms of presenting, exhibiting, overseeing projects from a client delivery perspective.