Join the team
Instructional designer and project lead
You will lead the development and delivery of learning experiences and business communications. You will act as a consultant to clients by analysing their requirements and designing the appropriate solution to meet their needs. You will also manage the transformation of your solution from the design stage to the finished product and ensure its quality.
We can only deliver the solutions we do, because of our people – so the right attitude is as important as the right skills. You will be passionate about creating transformative solutions and will think both creatively and critically when working with a client. You will be focussed, driven and have a fundamental belief in quality and an interest in how people are motivated to not just learn but apply what they have learned. In return, you will be an integral part of the team, working in an exciting and dynamic environment.
At Saffron we develop award-winning digital learning experiences. Using insights from behavioural science we ensure our experiential learning solutions deliver transformational change. We work with FTSE 250 companies, the public sector and not-for-profit organisations. Our client list includes Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Volkswagen and William Hill.
Why work for us?
Saffron’s solutions and our people are widely recognised as industry leaders and together we’ve won several coveted awards. At Saffron everyone’s ideas are valued. Our innovation is possible because we encourage and expect every team member to use their initiative and contribute ideas. You’ll have the freedom to think creatively and impact Saffron’s offering.
The “Saffron Academy” is widely recognised within the industry as the training ground for great instructional designers and project managers who deliver experiential learning solutions on time and on budget. You’ll be coached to further develop your ability so you can deliver the outstanding results our clients require and what Saffron is known for. Our success is proven; we’ve won Instructional Designer of the Year twice in the four years the award has run for, and been nominated for Rising Star of the Year.
Working at Saffron includes:
- 37.5 hours working week
- Competitive salary
- Up to 25 days annual leave
- Self-development days
- Employer pension contributions
It’s the small things that also matter to us. That’s why we celebrate birthdays, keep the office stocked up with fresh fruit and are known to stop for a drink or two on a Friday. Check out our Facebook page to see our latest team activity.
- Designing creative behaviour changing content for bespoke learning solutions and business communications (courses, point of need tools, chatbots, apps etc)
- Defining the performance measures needed to evaluate application of learning in the workplace
- Contributing to internal innovations in technology solutions or learning design
- Product analysis, development and quality assurance
- Project and client management
- Being a trusted advisor to clients
- Budget management
- Close liaison with development and design teams, and suppliers
You will be expected to work:
- Across a variety of subject areas and sectors
- Within aggressive timelines
- On multiple projects
- In a team environment
- At least two years’ experience in instructional design, including writing learning strategies and storyboards
- Knowledge and experience of learning design principles
- Strong analytical skills and business awareness that effectively identify key issues in an organisation
- Confident and dynamic, you will be an exceptional verbal and written communicator, able to liaise with senior client contacts
- Highly literate with demonstrable writing ability
- Very good eye for detail and curiosity to get to an underlying business problem or issue
- 2:1 or above in any degree
You should have a CV and demonstrable experience (e.g. examples of written work) that show your passion and ability.
Location: Central London
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
To apply please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to